Welcome to our home and working farm. We do not allow guests on property before or outside of store hours. In order for us to be able to keep our guests safe, preserve the sanctity of our home, and the health and well being of our animals there are guidelines every guest must follow.
- It takes about 20 min from southeast Lincoln to get to the farm.
- Early arrivals are not allowed and must wait off property and remain in their vehicles.
- We do not charge admission fees for guests during shop hours or for events with the expectation that you will support the farm by making a purchase in our Farmers Market Shop while here.
- Please use the restroom before you come as the farm store does not have restroom facilities.
- Children under 10 and those that cannot understand and follow guidelines must be with an adult at all times, no exceptions.
- Leave your dogs and pets at home. This is a working farm and for the health and safety of our animals and yours we DO NOT allow outside animals to visit.
- Buildings and animal areas are strictly off limits. If you want to go exploring we recommend Wagon Train state recreational area just 15 minutes away. They even have a beach!
- Parking is on the gravel in front of the brick garage and white wooden building. The circle drive is for pulling around only, not for parking.
- The fences are there to keep you and the animals safe. Yes, we have a bull. Don’t cross the fence.
- The silver wire fencing has an electric pulse running through it and will shock you. It hurts but you'll live, and probably wish someone else had tried it before you did.
- Keep your feet on the ground and off of fences, leave doors, gates and buildings closed, and stay out of animal areas. That is their place to feel safe and be free to act how their instincts tell them. This is our home and a working farm.
- The farm store accepts cash and cards for payment when that bacon or handmade local decor grabs your eye.
- The Little Red Farm may take photos or videos. We share these on social media. Please feel free to tag us in any photos or videos you want to share from The Little Red Farm.
- Please wear foot wear that can get dirty...this is a farm after all!
- DO NOT chase or pick up chickens. They don't like to be petted.
- Leave Mama hens and babies alone. Enjoy their cuteness but stay out of their way. A mama will be protective and a baby separated from mama is at risk of death. Sounds dramatic, but it’s true.
- There are only nice roosters at LRF. Our firm belief is that everyone can be kind or leave...even the roosters, but we ask that you respect them too.
- Please save your chicken and rooster noises for after you leave the farm and leave the roosters alone. It is their job to protect the flock and they are always on guard, so let them work and watch from a distance. If you're calm they may even bring the hens to you to see if you have snacks.
- Chickens don't like to be chased, they think you are a predator that is going to eat them. Chicken chasers will be asked to stop or leave. When you are calm the chickens will come right up to see if you have treats and are very fun to interact with!
- We have two large dogs that are very friendly. They will most likely greet you at your car when you arrive. They happily will provide pet therapy for you on your visit.
- Please do not allow your children to climb on the dogs or harass them in any way.
- Do not touch dog's faces.
- Roscoe & Piper do love belly rubs.
- As sweet as they are, please remember they are livestock guardian dogs and always on alert (yes, even when it looks like they are sleeping).
- If they choose to walk away from you let them go. They are independent and take their jobs seriously. Let them work.
IMPORTANT: While we are a very child friendly place DO NOT leave children of any age unattended outside. According to agritourism laws, we are not liable for any injuries that occur on property due to your or someone else’s negligence.