2023 Free Range Chicken Reservation (READ ENTIRE LISTING BEFORE PURCHASE)
THIS LISTING IS THE RESERVATION FEE ONLY AND NON-REFUNDABLE IF YOUR MIND OR SCHEDULE CHANGES. Final and total cost will be determined by weight.
- Little Red Farm free range broilers are raised without any growth enhancers or vaccines.
- They come to us at a day old and are raised on all natural, locally grown and milled feed. Read more on LRF poultry practices HERE.
- They will be processed at 8 weeks and are chilled in a water bath, no saline, no brine injections.
- You will receive your chicken in a bag as shown in the photos and weight will be approximately 5-6 lbs.
- Final cost will be: $5.50/lb whole chicken, or cut up bone in, skin on chicken. APPROXIMATE final cost of $25/whole chicken.
- Your reservation fee WILL BE CREDITED towards the final total due.
- Please reserve as many whole and pieced chickens you would like for your total purchase.
- FINAL PAYMENT DUE AT PICKUP.
CHICKEN PICK UP WILL BE AT OUR FARMERS MARKET SHOP THESE DAYS ONLY
- Chickens Processed Tuesday, June 13th will be available for pick up:
6/14 -Wednesday 10-Noon
6/15 - Thursday 4-6:30
- Chickens Processed Tuesday, October 17th will be available for pick up:
10/18 - Wednesday 10-Noon
10/19 - Thursday 4-6:30PM
- Poultry MUST be picked up during the hours on the days stated above. If you are unable to pick up or have someone do it for you, please DO NOT reserve poultry.
-PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FOR ANYONE BUT YOURSELF
OR SHARE THIS LISTING LINK.
When we accept money and agree to hold your chickens for you, it is important that we have a way to contact each customer. Phone and email must be added to your account so we can reach you with your pickup reminder.
-Reservations are NON-REFUNDABLE but will be credited towards your final payment. Should your schedule change, you can have someone else pick up your chicken, however online payment is NOT an option and final payment due must be paid at pickup. You may cancel, but the reservation deposit will be kept by LRF as a restocking fee.
Little Red Farm roasting poultry:
- is currently processed at Duncan's Poultry LLC .
- is packaged without preservatives.
- will need to be put in a Ziploc bag or vacuum sealed before being frozen.
- should be refrigerated for 24-72 hours after processing before freezing to reach optimum tenderness. Fresh meat goes through chemical changes in the muscle tissue. This break down is the same reason beef is aged and your chicken needs to "age" before being frozen.