Friends & Family Night with Chicken Pick Up
The Little Red Farm & Farmers Market Shop will be open to customers for Family and Friends Night as well as Chicken Pick Up's from 5PM to 8:30PM. (Additional chicken pick up hours Saturday morning during normal Farmers Market Shop hours 10-Noon)
Reserve your chickens here!
This event is open to all customers! You do not need a chicken reservation to attend this event.
**On the July 9th event, dinner will also be available for purchase from the Lincoln Test Kitchen. We are excited to partner with this local chef!**
- Family and Friends are welcome to come shop the Farmers Market and enjoy the farm. This night is open to customers: those making a purchase in our Farmers Market Shop to support our farm, family and other local handmade vendors during your visit.
- We will have treats for customers to feed the cows and chickens.
- We will have a bonfire and s'mores to enjoy.
- We may have a few extra chickens for sale.
Chicken Reservation Customers:
- Chickens must be picked up Friday 5-8:30PM or Saturday 10-Noon.
- Chickens MUST be picked up within these hours or you will lose your deposit. We reserve the right to sell or keep your chicken if you do not come during these hours on the weekend of your reservation.
- Please plan on refrigerating your poultry until Saturday at noon, minimum, and preferably until Monday before you cook or freeze it for optimal tenderness.
Little Red Farm roasting poultry:
- is currently processed at Duncan's Poultry LLC .
- is packaged without preservatives.
- should be refrigerated for 24-72 hours after processing before freezing to reach optimum tenderness. Fresh meat goes through chemical changes in the muscle tissue. This break down is the same reason beef is aged and your chicken needs to "age" before being frozen. Processing happens Friday at noon of each pick up week.
- will need to be put in a Ziplock bag or vacuum sealed before being frozen.
Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends cooking whole chicken to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured using a food thermometer. When checking the temperature, check the internal temperature in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast.