Friends and Family Night with Chicken Pick Up
October 9th & 10th - Friday night 5-8:30 pm
November 20th & 21st - Friday night 5-8:30 pm
The Little Red Farm & Farmers Market Shop will be open to the public for Family and Friends Night as well as Chicken pick ups from 5 PM to 8:30 PM
(additional chicken pickup hours Sat AM during normal Farmers Market Shop hours 10-Noon)
- We will have treats for people to feed the cows and chickens (one per person please).
- Family and friends are welcome to come enjoy the farm and shop the farmers market. We appreciate you making a purchase in our Farmers Market Shop to support our farm, family and other local business when you come visit.
- We will have a bonfire to enjoy as well!
- We may have a few extra chickens for sale.
- Those who have reserved chickens have this time or Saturday 10-Noon to pick up.
- Chickens MUST be picked up within these hours or you will loose your deposit and we reserve the right to sell or keep your chicken if you don't come during these hours.
- Please plan on refrigerating your poultry until Saturday at noon minimum and preferably until Monday before you cook or freeze it for optimal tenderness.
Little Red Farm roasting poultry:
- is currently processed at Duncan's Poultry LLC .
- is packaged without preservatives.
- should be refrigerated for 24-72 hours after processing before freezing to reach optimum tenderness. Fresh meat goes through chemical changes in the muscle tissue. This break down is the same reason beef is aged and your chicken needs to "age" before being frozen. Processing happens Friday at noon of pick up week.
- will need to be put in a ziplock or vacuum sealed to be frozen.
Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends cooking whole chicken to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured using a food thermometer. When checking the temperature, check the internal temperature in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast.